This app (hereinafter the “App”) is provided by Bayer Pharmaceuticals (hereinafter “us” or “we”). For more information about the provider of the App, please see our imprint (accessible via the MADDOX logo in the upper left corner).
Handling personal data
In the following, we would like to inform you about our handling of personal data in the context of your use of our app. Unless otherwise explained in the following sections, the legal basis for handling your personal data follows from the necessity of this handling for the provision of the app functionalities requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Use of our app
Communication with our app
In order to provide the functionality of our App to you, it will transmit the following information to us each time you use it:
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Operating system information
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred
- Language settings, version of the app
- Login data (username and password)
To protect our legitimate interests, we will store the above information for a limited time in order to be able to initiate a derivation of the personal data in the event of unauthorized access or attempted access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Register and login
If you want to use certain services of our app, you have to register with us. You create a customer account in which you define your personal login data for logging into the app. As part of the registration and login process, we collect the following information about you:
- Name and your surname
- Username and password
We process this personal data to enable you to access our app and the services it contains. If you deactivate your account, this personal data will be deleted.
Access to the interfaces of your device
In order for our app to work as intended, we need access to your mobile device’s interfaces and must be able to use them for the following purposes:
The access authorization to use the camera is used to record images or videos for the documentation of machine malfunctions and corresponding descriptions of solutions.
The access authorization for media content is used to load images or videos post-processed with separate apps for the documentation of machine malfunctions and corresponding descriptions of solutions.
Notes on side effects or quality complaints
This app is not intended to report adverse reactions, lack of drug efficacy, medication errors, gray market products/counterfeits, incorrect or off-label use, a quality complaint, and/or other issues related to the safety or quality of a Bayer product. To report adverse reactions or quality complaints, please contact your healthcare provider (e.g. doctor or pharmacist), local health authority or use our adverse reaction reporting website.
However, if you report adverse reactions to us or make other communications related to the safety or quality of medicines or medical devices, we are required by law to process your communication. To this end, we may also contact you for clarification. We may be required to forward the communications you make to the appropriate health authorities for reporting, but this will only be done in pseudonymized form so that no information directly identifying you is transmitted. In addition, we may also have to transmit these pseudonymized notifications to other of our Group companies and cooperation partners if they are in turn required to report to the health authority responsible for them.
Information about your right
You have the following rights:
- The right to information about the personal data we have stored about you.
- The right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing which serves our legitimate interest, a public interest or profiling, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. You will find more detailed information on this in those sections above that describe data processing based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact person named below (see Contact).
For your data privacy concerns, please write to or contact our Corporate Privacy Officer at the following address:
Corporate Privacy Officer
Last update: 01.07.2020.